Friday, July 16, 2010

Your Summer, Your Way: Popsicles Done Right!

By: Flossie Alexander, Fitness & Nutrition Editor

The first thing that I wanted to say to you wasn’t about popsicles. However, it is 4 a.m. as I write this sitting here preparing and planning for the day, and I was thinking how hot it has been and how great it would be to have something cold. Being a mother with seven children and very health minded now, I am always on the look-out for healthy items or recipes that I can tear apart and remake healthier. One of those delicious delights I found was from one of my clients. It is very fun to see a person blossom and really get fired up about healthy choices.

Summer Delight by Michelle – Wichita, Kansas

1 small can of frozen orange juice

2 Bananas

1 small can fresh apricots

1 large can crushed pineapple

1 tbsp lemon juice

3 or 4 tsp Sweet’N Low

Blend in blender and freeze in muffin cups or popsicle trays.


Be Healthy Every Day, You Are Worth It!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment