Friday, July 9, 2010

Tatiana Barber: My Independence Day

All week, we will be celebrating our very own "Independence"! Today, we feature mother, wife, student, United States Navy veteran, and SSNY family, Tatiana Barber. Here she talks about her upcoming "Independence Day," and how she anticipates its arrival and ultimately her transformation.


Who is She: Tatiana Barber, Age 24

Where is She From: Queens/Brooklyn, New York

What Does She Do: United States Navy, Mother, Wife, Student

I am so New York because no matter how far I am, the Big Apple will always be in my heart. I live, breathe, AM New York!

My Independence day won't be until Oct 5 2010:  that is my last day in the United States Navy. I will finally have a chance to be free! After joining the Navy fresh out of Culinary School in 2005, finally leaving means so much more to me than anyone could ever know. I can FINALLY be an adult that can do what I want with my life: change my hair color, get a new tattoo and most importantly for me: become a college student. My life is changing so much and for the better and on that day I will rejoice: Long Live MY Liberty!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your pending separation! Girl, one of the first things I did when I got out of the AF was dye my hair! Matter of fact, I think I colored it my final week. (You did not hear me say that!) Since 2003 though, I couldn't tell you how many hair colors I've sliced through. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete