Talking Glamm with The Glamm CEO
Here are some GLAMM tips to keep your skin in shape this summer:
2. Wear brimmed hats (yay!! another excuse to shop) and light colored clothing to cover your arms and legs. Learn to enjoy the shade, (even if you are a sunshine-ista!) Wear sunglasses (ooh more reasons to go to Bloomies!) with UV protection when exposed to the sun to help protect your eyes.
6. When sunbathing, use the sunscreen particularly on the most sensitive parts of your body such as shoulders, back of your legs, and neck as these areas are most vulnerable. When shopping for makeup, look for foundations and moisturizers that have sunblock already added in.
7. Gently remove makeup with cotton balls so as to not to irritate the area around your eyes. Oprah.com suggests using a soap-free cleanser and alcohol-free toner as a makeup remover if you have oily skin in the summer.
8. When bathing or showering, it is important not to completely rid your body of its natural oils. Therefore, don’t vigorously dry your body with a towel, but simply pat it dry and add moisturizer afterwards. If you strip your body of these oils, it will work twice as hard to replace them.
9. Before you prepare to shave your legs and underarms, use any of the shaving creams or lotion products available. A cheap alternative is to use hair conditioner or make your own shaving lotion. The fun thing about making it yourself is that you can customize the ingredients to your own liking.
twitter, friend me on facebook and learn more about Glamm On The Go by clicking here!
Love and Fabulosity,
The Glamm CEO
July 1, 2010