Friday, May 21, 2010

NEW YORK STYLE PROFILE: La Bella Bijoux






La Bella Bijoux offers ladies handcrafted earrings, clutches and more made with ecletic style of gigantic proportions! Owner and Creator Ayanna Dixon, sits down with She's So New York to offer more insight on the creation of La Bella Bijoux and why this Jamaican entreprenuer is the one to watch:


Who is She: Ayanna "Yanni" Dixon

Age: 28

Where is She From: Brooklyn, New York

Her Style Icons: Mary J Blige, Lil Kim, Kimora Lee, Foxy Brown, Betsey Johnson, Beyonce, Missy Elliot, "the list goes on," she says.

Her Music Faves: Reggae, Hip Hop, R&B, Pop, "pretty much everything except country music."

Her Favorite New York Hang Outs: "I don't really have a favorite hang out place. I love everywhere in NY," she says.

New York Woman She'd Love to See Rocking La Bella Bijoux: "I would LOVE to see Mary J. Blige rockin La Bella Bijoux." she says.


She's So New York: "I just wanted to tell you that I think what you're doing is great! She's So New York admire women who do what they love AND have the pleasure of profiting from it. That to me is the American Dream. Tell me how La Bella Bijoux started! What was your motivation?"

Ayanna "Yanni" Dixon: "La Bella Bijoux started as a hobby. I needed something to do to kill time when I used to work at a bank's customer care center. When I made the first few pieces, I came up with the idea of wearing them as earrings. When I started wearing them to work, I received so many complements from co-workers and bank clients. I knew at that point that I should turn it into a business. I started to build a client base and from there, I decided to make it an official jewelry line."


SSNY:And how did it manifest into what it is now?

AYD: I was living in Florida at the time, I decided to quit my job, move back to New York (my hometown). Once I was back in NY, I attended events wearing my earrings. I was my own model...lol

SSNY: Great marketing tool! How long has La Bella Bijoux been in business?


AYD: La Bella Bijoux has been in business for several years now. About 4 years now!

SSNY: Congratulations! I know that you make earrings (I have 5 pairs!) and bags as well, what other merchandise do you have in store?


AYD: For now, I just have earrings and clutch set, but more is coming soon. I have so many different items coming soon.











SSNY: I saw that one of your fans is an actress, most recently seen on "The Game," how has the exposure been for you?

AYD: The exposure has been great! Tae Heckard is a sweetheart!

SSNY: What do you hope to accomplish with La Bella Bijoux? Do you ever plan to open up a store?

AYD: I plan to open a boutique in the New York area in the future.

SSNY: Whatever She's So New York can do to make sure that La Bella Bijoux gets the recognition it deserves, we are all for it!

AYD: Thank you so much for the support!


Maybe we'll see some "She's So New York" earrings in the future?!?


To find out more information on La Bella Bijoux, please visit http://www.labellabijoux.com/

Happy Shopping Babes!

Are you following us on twitter?
www.twitter.com/shesonewyork

Facebook:
She's So New York

2 comments:

  1. I checked out the site and I am love with your work. You are very talented! I will definitely be getting a few pieces in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your collections, please email me at j.erica76@yahoo

    ReplyDelete